Some handy things to remember:
Following are steps of downloading and compiling tomato firmware for WGR614L router.
1. Download the source code from www.myopenrouter.com site. Link is www.myopenrouter.com/download/file/10216-20
2. Create one directory where want to untar the source code and compile it. For example mkdir /home/TOMATO_WGR614L
3. cd /home/TOMATO_WGR614L. You can use your own path also.
4. bunzip2 tomato-src-wgr614L.tar.bz2
5. tar xvf tomato-src-wgr614L.tar
This article will show you how to install and configure your NETGEAR WGR614L for most standard setups.
The WGR614L Open Source Wireless-G router will do port forwarding by assigning port numbers to a "service" that is associated with the application you want to run.
As a developer what saves my board and day most of the time is the serial console and boot-loaders’ ability to download/upload firmware. Even when the something goes badly wrong with the firmware you just compiled - you can use the boot loader to get back to a running firmware and try to debug your under development firmwares.
Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal